Thursday 1 December 2011

PERFECT!

Remember that cane basket I got from the Hospice Shop on Wednesday?
Well... it is coming in handy:
ABOVE:  see?  Now when I'm going out the door I can put all me stuff in one basket!  No more to'ing and fro'ing taking all me bits and bobs out to the car.  I love it!


See that RED lunch box in me basket?  I bought two of them for Amanda and Lacy to take their lunches to school 27 years ago! That one belonged to Lacy, then Mike got it, and now, it's Griffin's!  It has been used every SCHOOL DAY for 27 years!!!  How many plastic boxes do ya know that last that long?  I think it's amazing.


TODAY:  well... I have an hair appointment that I forgot about.  They rang me last night to remind me, just as well cos I thought it was NEXT Friday.  It was good they rang though, cos it gave me a chance to question them about their pricing.


I went to this new salon because the previous salon kept on upping their price, even though they were doing the same thing every time I went.


So... this new salon knew I had concerns about unexpected price increases and said my hair would cost $120, all up.


First time I went it was $140, even though they had quoted me $120?  They explained that by saying it was the toner they had to use.  They hadn't 'factored' that cost in.  Well....OK I suppose, but I was not impressed.
Second time I went it cost $160 !  So I said to the girl last night it better not be $180 today!
She said no, it would be $130.  WTF?


Seems they have the same 'problem' as the last salon.  No set price structure.  No guarantee on cost.


I am sorely tempted to look for another salon.  This sort of shit just rings me bells... makes me so cross.  I don't want to be forever changing salons.  I want one that does a good job and charges fairly and consistently.  Is that too much to ask?


Anyone in Auckland know of such a salon???  Or are they as rare as hen's teeth?  


ABOVE: OK, hens with teeth, that is seriously scary to contemplate!  
ONWARD...


I had nightmares last night about going to the salon today!
I kept thinking they would 'accidentally' singe all me hair off as 'payback' for questioning their prices!  I am afraid, very afraid... ha ha ha!


Hopefully it goes well... and the price is as agreed last night at $130.


TRACY: going over to the North Shore would not trouble me in the least, but I just checked out their prices and they are more expensive than where I'm going right now!  


I just spent half an hour looking at various hair salons and their pricing.  Seems my present salon is fairly average with their prices... That being said ... the price quoted is for a colour ONLY.  I walk out with wet hair, no haircut or nothing!  Seems all salons do that... separate price for everything!  
If I was to go to a salon for a colour, cut and blow dry it would cost upwards of $225!  OMG, talk about daylight robbery.


But, as women are paying that, they can charge that.  *sigh*
I have decided next time to go to a salon that specalises in colouring... at least then I know I am paying through the nose for A GOOD JOB!


ONWARD... enough about hair already!


THREE HOURS LATER: hair is done, can't show you right now as it's still rather wet. The owner of the salon talked to me this morning and apologised for overcharging me last time and gave me a credit at the salon, which I used today.  They are really NICE at this salon so I am now thinking I will stay there!  I know, typical woman, changing her mind every minute!


It's now after 1pm and I'm starving, time to find food...


Found food, had a quiet afternoon, well until Amanda, Andrew and Emily arrived that is.


ABOVE:  look who is here for dinner!  AND she is like us, she LOVES tomato sauce!  
Amanda and Andrew arrived late afternoon and are staying for the evening, then going home again.  I'm going to get Amanda to straighten my hair while she's here... yaaa.


End of Day: now I have dry, straight hair.... and I'm really happy with the colour.  Photo tomorrow.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger