Monday 5 December 2011

PILLS...MUST GET MORE PILLS, I RAN OUT!

There was an interesting item on a TV news programme the other night... about how there are far too many people on 'happy pills' in this country.


AND how quite a few people have committed suicide ... with some medical professionals believing it was down to them being on anti depressants!


What shocked me was the stats on how many people were on them... and get this:  there were 12 kids in New Zealand YOUNGER than 6 on anti depressants!  WTF?  That is so sad, and my god, what are these kids going to turn out like as adults if they are on anti depressants that young?


I'm on anti depressants... for two reasons.  I suffer from bouts of depression (usually 'situational' depression) and one of the side effects of them is that they help me sleep through hot flushes at night.  


I don't tell people usually, as there is a stigma surrounding depression.   Like it's not a 'real' sickness, and some people think if you are depressed you are 'weak', 'pathetic' etc.


My mother does not know I am on them... as she is one of those people who look down on depression, like there is something wrong with your character if you suffer from it.  Makes me so mad.


So, I ain't telling her.  NEVER.  


Now that I've got that off me ample chest... I have to go out today to get me prescription... ran out of me pills.  And if I don't take them even for a couple of days the hot flushes get 10 times worse.... and OMG they are just the pitts.


I swear to God, I'm coming back as a bloke!    Stuff going through puberty, child bearing, 'girly problems' and menopause again.  Guys have all the fun and none of the pain.  


Coming back as a man?   Yeah, maybe NOT!  lol


Sorry... I had no other photo to share yet today!  
ONWARD...


JACKIE:  you know, it hadn't occurred to me (like a twit) that kids could be put on them for 'other' reasons!  Thanks for putting me right on that score.  I had been genuinely shocked by the  knowledge that little kids were on them!   


When I worked in a Decile 1 school in Hamilton years ago I was also shocked to the core to see over 60 children line up at lunch time for their Ritalin pill!   That school had a roll of 280 predominantly maori and pacific island children who came from very low socio economic backgrounds.      


I also worked at a Decile 10 school... that school had a roll of 680+ predominantly european and asian children, and 3 children were on ADHD medication. 
Thought provoking?


Steve was taking the kids to school for me this morning, and as he went out to the car Coco escaped. AND TOOK OFF....
It took Steve a while to catch her... I was frantically getting dressed to go and help him when he finally came back with the little shit in his arms.
ABOVE:  in the submissive pose ... I smacked her with a rolled up newspaper.. I did!   She knew she was in trouble.  


My biggest concern this morning was that she didn't have her collar/tag on... I took it off last night as she needs a new, bigger collar.  I must get one today and put it on her.  If your dog is found without it's registration tag on it costs you a hell of a lot to get ya dog back from the pound!  


Back to the anit depressants:  Jackie was right, the programme I saw was very one sided, and did not elaborate on why that many adults, teenagers and pre-teens were on that medication.  Certainly was a bit biased and got a lot of people concerned, including me.


I only talked about it here as I too am on them... but for depression/hot flushes.  I have had them in the past for depression, and found going off them 'cold turkey' worked for me without any bad side effects.  I was lucky I think.


Just back from shopping.  Got quite a few Christmas Presents sorted today.


Got some really good comments re: anti depressants!  I was worried I'd get home and find I had opened a can of worms, and have lots of negative comments.  So relieved it didn't happen.  Thanks!


I went mad this afternoon.... and will show you what I got up to tomorrow.  


End of Day:  it's been a busy afternoon/evening... got a good job done.  
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger