Sunday 18 December 2011

A FUNERAL

Stew's stepmother passed away quietly last week, and her funeral is this afternoon.


ABOVE:  Nana Joan at her 90th birthday 2 years ago. The kids and I are going to catch a train into Greenlane to meet up with Stew, then we can all go to her funeral together.


Hopefully the weather holds and its not raining ... 


Apart from that I just want to do a last minute look around the shops for a few last minute things.  Christmas food mostly, chocolates, wine.... I am not leaving anything to the last minute.  


Also first thing this morning I have to cut Griffin's hair.  He looks like a sheep.  

AND before I forget:  My niece up in Whitianga has expressed disgust that she has not been mentioned on my blog for months, so I will just give you a  few photos of Sabrina Maxine:






ABOVE:  there ya go Max, some lovely photos of you!  Now you have a lovely Christmas, and we will see you at some point when we come up to see Joshua.  OK?   *smiles*

Would you believe it?  The trains are not running this week due to maintenance on the line!  so Stew is going to pick us up instead.  Drat, I was looking forward to taking the kids on the train too.  
OH well, at least it's a glorious day out there today with no hint of rain.

Back.... the funeral was small and intimate.  Very nice service and Griffin can attest to the food afterwards being very nice too. 

ABOVE: The church was gorgeous, with a very nice view of the Waitemata harbour.

After the funeral we stopped in at Botany to look at a new phone set for the house.  
AND yes, I did get a three phone set a while ago, but I hate it.  So I'm getting the set I wanted BEFORE Amanda and Steve talked me out of it.  Lesson learnt: go with what you want in the first place.

End of Day: watched the season finale of 'The Mentalist'... it was really worth watching.  Awesome ending.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger