Friday 30 December 2011

NEW YEAR'S EVE...

And true to the norm, it's raining!
Most years it rains over Christmas and/or New Year!
That is so sad for everyone who goes away at this time of year, especially those camping.  
I can't remember the last time we holiday'd over Christmas/New Year!
This year, when Stew gets a two week period off we are hoping to go down to Palmerston North to see our youngest son, Mike.
We miss that little bugger so much.
I've tried convincing him to move up here, but it isn't going to happen by the look of it.  
So, we just continue to miss him I suppose.


Not long now before Stew and I will start Weight Watchers together.  I have been a MONUMENTAL pig over the holidays, probably thinking ... enjoy it before you have to diet !
Bad thinking I DO BELIEVE.  But there ya have it.


Today we are heading out to get Stew some new exercise singlets...  can't think what else right now....
ONWARD...


The bloke who bought my old phones finally turned up this morning... so at least that is done and dusted.
My god it's so wet today!  And sticky.  My arms are sticking to the leather on me lounge chair.  Wonder if it's worth making some arm cover thingees?  


ABOVE:  yaaa, got Stew his new exercise singlets (half price)... ones that I like!  *smiles*.   We got them at St Lukes Mall, then we went to Manukau Mall and we got a new frying pan (half price) and two Pyrex dishes for the microwave (30% off).  It sure is the best time to be shopping!


After shopping we went down to Mission Bay for lunch at our favourite Indian restaurant, Masala.    It was very quiet down by the waterfront, the weather is keeping everyone at home or in the Malls!


End of Day:  we had surprise visitors this afternoon, my friend Jacqui, her hubby Martin and their two kids Joel (7) and Sofia (9 weeks).... it was lovely to see them.
After dinner they left and now it's just us and the two kids.  I doubt we will stay up to 'see in' the New Year.  Just not bothered nowdays.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and gets home safely if out and about.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger