Thursday 15 December 2011

DINNER AT LA CIGALE

We went to a French Eatery in Parnell last night, it was Stew's Work Christmas Dinner.  
I was really looking forward to it.  We had pre-ordered our dinners.  We were given a choice of two dinners:  Chicken, or Wild Boar. We both chose the wild boar.  



Dinner Options for Wednesday 14th & Thursday 15th December
1. Ragout of Wild Boar (braised with mushrooms, speck and garlic)
2. Rotisserie Chicken cooked with cafe de Paris Butter served with Garlic Aioli
Starter of: Charcuterie Platter
Dessert: Rhubarb Clafouti served with cream or Vanilla Rice Pudding with caramilized pineapple


Before the 'main' we were served a TINY selection of cold meats with some crusty bread.  There were 10 people at our table... and the amount served would have easily done for TWO or maybe THREE people.  Not 10.  

First FAIL.

Then dinner arrived.  They placed two bowls of pork casserole on the table, one small platter of chicken pieces, and two bowls of small cubes of potatoes.  About 30 minutes later they finally brought out the 'salad'... two bowls of MIXED LETTUCE leaves!

Second FAIL.

I thought the pork casserole LOOKED lovely.  Until I tried to eat it.  It was spiced heavily (to me) with pepper.  I HATE PEPPER.  So I couldn't eat it.  So I had another little piece of bread.
And a small piece of the chicken.  Bearing in mind we have chicken ALL THE TIME, it was not something I would ever choose to eat 'out'.  And it was dry.

Third FAIL.

So I'm thinking, it's OK, I shall have dessert and that will be nice.  It was going to be a Rhubarb pie thingee and Vanilla Rice Pudding.  I was REALLY looking forward to that..............
until they brought out the cutlery for dessert.

a teaspoon.

FUCK... my spirits hit the floor then.  And sure enough, the dessert was ONE small platter of the  rhubarb pie, enough to feed maybe 4 people, and the vanilla rice pudding, again ... at a pinch enough to feed 4 people. I had a 'taste' of both.

Fourth FAIL.  

SO... I give that eatery, on a scale of 1 to 10 ... a miserable 2.  AND that is being generous.  

To say I was bitterly disappointed would be an understatement, and I wish I had taken photos to show you just how shitty it was.

Sorry it's another negative post... but I aim to be honest! 

Today is the last day of school for the kids.  They come home at lunchtime and that is it for 7 weeks.
I have several ideas for entertaining them over the holidays... and am actually looking forward to doing things with them. 

But for right now... I'm going to enjoy this morning just plodding around doing odd jobs in the house.  
ONWARD...


I sold some Christmas Cards to a lady in the USA  and she told me she had posted payment and some cute stones she makes about a month ago.
As it hadn't arrived as of yesterday I said to Stew last night I doubted it was going to ... I mean it should have arrived after about 3 weeks MAXIMUM.  
How TYPICAL:
ABOVE:  they arrived TODAY!  It did make me laugh. THANK YOU Christine, the stones are really cute and yes, the money was there too.  *smiles*
Did you know I used to be a Potter years ago?  I made all sorts of things ... and loved it and taught pottery to Adults and school groups too for a while.  But not anymore.  It's just too expensive nowdays.


I've had a lovely morning shopping (again) .... and shortly the kids will be home so I better make the most of my last hour without kids in me face.


Kids got home.  I made them really lovely ham salad sandwiches for lunch.


They both had a gift from 'Secret Santa' at school.  Griffin got a big block of Chocolate.
While my back was turned he took ALL his lovely sandwiches and chucked them in the compost bin!  I do believe the thought he was going to have chocolate for lunch!
NOT SO.


He now has to starve until dinner time.  Maybe next time he thinks he can throw away perfectly good sandwiches he will remember how FEELING STARVING feels!  


Hmmmm, wonder how late I can make dinner?  lol


ABOVE:  'pigs in mud' comes to mind.... how about 'dogs love rug'?  They really do love that rug...  shame  I'm going to vacum in a minute....


WOMBAT:  but of course we had to pay for it.  In advance even!  NEVER ever going there again that's for sure.  


End of Day:  have come down with a really nasty headache... off to bed early I think.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger