Tuesday 20 December 2011

I'M GOING TO BAKE!

Yes I am!  Indeed I am.... I even went out yesterday and bought some muffin thingees... made of Silicone no less.  I really wanted to find some bigger muffin pans, but no one had any ... oh well... I will keep me eyes peeled for some.




I have some lovely cooking books... I had to hunt for them last night too!  I found them in a linen cupboard of all places.... I'm going to find a new home for them today.




I want to make nice savoury muffins for Stew (Husband) and Steve (Son) to have for their lunches sometimes.  Making sandwiches every morning sucks.  I bought those two muffin cook books years ago, I'm sure there will be some really nice ideas in there for me to try.


I almost feel INSPIRED to make a cake or two as well!
Must get my sugar urges satisfied before the New Year!  I am going to be full on : 'ON A DIET' come the New Year I tell ya.


Well actually, I am going to do what I know works for me.  Diet carefully 6 days a week, and have a little splurge on the 7th day... that way I don't feel deprived all the time and then fall off the wagon totally again!  


2012 is going to be MY YEAR... in many ways.  I am turning a new leaf in me book. 


ONWARD!


Griffin and I went down to the local mall to get ingredients for baking, and a new phone adaptor thingee so my new phones will work.


But, the new phone adaptor thingee did not fix the problem. So now, instead of having 4 working phones in the house, we have 1.  And it's in the garage.  Not happy.  Hopefully on of the guys can get it sorted when they come home.


BAKING:  is on hold till this afternoon.  I just remembered it's the Hospice Shop Christmas lunch today.  I've quickly done some ham/cheese crackers and we are almost ready to go.  20 minutes later..... I got the day wrong. Sheesh, I really should learn to check the blasted calendar eh?  It clearly says "Thursday, 12 noon",  DOH.


Griffin is really enjoying all the ham/cheese crackers. He's got a jar full of Piccalilli in front of him too... he rather likes it.


I have success with the phones too.  I took the new one down to the garage and plugged it in there as that phone line seemed to be working.  And YES, it works!  I now can use me new phones.
BUT, it means the phone connection thingee in the house is not working.  *sigh*
That means probably having to get someone in to sort it out.  DRAT. 2 Loooooong hours later... I have personalised the new phone system... taken a couple of calls, made a few... and it's all systems GO!  
It's a neat phone, I love it already.


I know... it doesn't take much to make me happy sometimes!


NOW I am going to bake...


So, I get out all the ingredients, turn the oven on and start to get ready to mix stuff together.  BUT ... there is that smell?  Like burning.  I open the oven door.... to be swamped in plumes of smoke!  Massive plumes of smoke.  Like MY GOD what is happening in there?
Once the smoke clears a bit I peer inside me oven.  Ahhh Haaaa... something has spilt onto the bottom of the oven and is getting ready to burst into flames by the look of it.


SO.... cancel baking for now...


ABOVE:  waiting for the oven to cool so I can clean it....THEN bake me friggin muffins!  The fan is just to hasten the cooling process...


I REALLY felt like cleaning the oven today too.... NOT!


Using the fan was a good idea if I do say so!  The oven was cool enough to clean in half an hour... and now the muffins are cooking.  Must keep an eye on the time, don't want to burn them now!



ABOVE:  before and after.   I wasn't sure how much mixture to put in each dish... so I only filled them 3/4's, and it's worked out fine.

Now I have to turn around and make dinner. Wonderful.

End of Day: I didn't make dinner afterall.  Stew brought home chinese.  Spent the evening watching telly, there's quite a few really good programmes on a Wednesday night!
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger