Thursday 28 June 2012

AWESOME NEWS ... AND DOCTOR'S VISIT FOR ME

For years,  Auckland City and surrounds were divided into several 'smaller cities'... but a few months ago they were merged into one SUPER CITY... so instead of being in Manukau City, we are now classed as being in Auckland City.


This was just fine by me... EXCEPT for one thing.
Auckland City Council decided in their wisdom to try and double the dog registration fees!


So, instead of us paying about $120 for Teddy and Coco to be registered, it was now going to cost over $300!


I (and thousands of others) wrote to the City council to express our disgust at this increase.


I had just paid to have the MANUKAU City Council inspect my property and dogs and give me a discount because I passed their 'Responsible Owner' inspection when all of this happened.


So ... the upshot was... we got our new bill yesterday... and the Auckland City Council has BACKED DOWN!  
Now instead of having to pay heaps more, they have reduced what I have to pay!!!!


SCORE!  So relieved.


TODAY:  Going to see my Doctor.  Got the blood test results.... and was told I need to see my Doctor.  The 'numbers' were not THAT high... but apparently high enough to need to be addressed.  So... I'll tell ya all about it when I get home OK?


*smiles*


ONWARD...


Alllllrighty then. Went to Dr's.  I DO HAVE TYPE 2 DIABETES.  We discussed 'options'... well she discussed them... I told her what I was doing.  NOT taking medication.  WILL diet and exercise and see what the next blood test 'says' in 3 months.
She weighed me... but as requested, she did not tell me the number.  She will weigh me again in 3 months and see how I did.  Still not to tell me the number.  I want to know the number after 6 months, and she's cool with that.


After that visit, I picked up Lacy and we went down to the mall...  had a walk around then came home.  


I wanted to buy some red sneakers... but there were none in my size anywhere... bummer.


DEBBIE: please don't worry!  If I can't turn the diabetes around in 3 months I will do the medication.  I just feel SO SURE I can in fact get a good result from diet and exercise!  My Doctor was happy for me to give it a go.  She will reassess after my next blood test in 3 months.


I'm not so silly that I would refuse to take totally necessary medication for my health. 


ANON:  why don't I want to take the medication?  Not sure really, just want to be given the chance to turn things around myself first.  
My Mum was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes some months ago.  She took the medication and was sick as a dog!  So very sick that she vomitted every day... so she went off it and she's just fine now... she lost weight and stopped eating insulin spiking foods and BOOM... no more diabetes. 


Once the kids arrived home from school we went down to Manurewa so Lacy could pick up her prescription, then I took her home. 
Her home still smells musty, so I spent some time mopping her floors and spraying room deodoriser around.  Hopefully it helps.  


Oh and I also popped into the Hospice Shop and picked up a few more baby clothes!  Going to build up me 'stash'... there's plenty of babies coming to use them!


End of Day: Another day that went fairly well... this is good!
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger