Saturday 23 June 2012

HAPPY EMILY

I saw wee Emily and her Mum and Dad yesterday for a few minutes.  Time enough to get a few lovely photos of her:
 ABOVE:  Amanda cut her fringe (bangs)... now she looks even cuter!





ABOVE:  she is such a happy wee girl.


Today:  well as we didn't get around to doing the grocery shopping yesterday... It will have to be done today.


After that?  Not sure yet... might just stay home and try and get the washing up to date.. boring I know!


JUST REMEMBERED... we bought a few carrots on the way home from Hamilton yesterday, and I intend to turn them into baked carrot ... and freeze lots for future use:


ABOVE: ummm... we bought 20 kilos of carrots... so I think that's what I will be doing in me 'spare' time today and tomorrow!  


In case you are interested:


I chop up the carrots, boil them till soft... then mash them up.  Drain the excess liquid off.  Cook some onion (about 1/3 the quantity of the carrots)... add to the drained carrots.  Then add as many beaten eggs as you think it will need to become a firm consistency once cooked... add some grated tasty cheese, some chopped up parsley and any other herbs you fancy and some salt and pepper to taste... bake in the oven at around 200 degrees C until cooked. Trial and error on how long.  
I never did get a 'recipe' as such for this, just word of mouth type of thing.


I HATE cooked carrots, BUT LOVE LOVE LOVE this dish!  So, don't go ikkkk if ya hate carrots cos I assure you, this is worth trying if nothing else.  *smiles*  If ya do hate it... feed it to ya kids!


This dish is lovely as a side at dinner time... or on it's own for lunch (which I intend to do).


ONWARD...


*** PEPSI UPDATED *** PEPSI UPDATED *** PEPSI UPDATED ***


ABOVE: shit job... DONE.  Now it's waiting for the hubby and kids to carry it up the stairs.  I've already put away the milk, bread and frozen veges.
They are behind me in one of Stew's company cars...he has to go to Tauranga tomorrow on business, hence getting a company car.  


I'm gunna relax for 10 minutes before thinking about making mass carrot dishes for the freezer.


PENNY: that would be nice!  I don't have to eat it and Stew loves carrot cake!  Thanks Chick!


End of Day:  another totally up and down day.  When will they ever end?
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger