Sunday 24 June 2012

I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE!

I am going back on my diet... BUT....


...
......
............
................


I AM NOT GOING TO STAND ON THE SCALES FOR 6 MONTHS !  NOT EVEN TO BEGIN WITH.


Why I can hear you asking?


-  If I do I will immediately feel like crap


-  If I do I will become obsessed with standing on them ... probably up to 6 times a day (I've done it before let me assure you!)


-  If I do I will be letting a bloody NUMBER dominate my day, my feelings, my reactions, my food choices, my emotions.


SO... no scales!  No weight charts. No stress. 


I am just going to do 'my thing' to the best of my ability and see what the scales say in 6 months!


I will exercise EVERY DAY... even if it's only 10 minutes to begin with.


BABY STEPS.  


I know how to do this.


I have done it before with stellar results.


I will not look back at where I was 6 years ago and bemoan how I stuffed up again and landed back HERE.


It is a new day.  And a new me.


AND I know you poor buggers have heard it all before... and seen how I fell off the wagon over and over again.
But this time... my strategy is different.


Cos clearly my past efforts have failed.


So... I'm changing the way... NO SCALES.  No stress about goddam bloody NUMBERS.


AND... If I am feeling down and think of reaching for food to self comfort.... I am going to remember why I am NOT going to do it.
I want to be fit again.
NOT slim.


FIT AND HEALTHY.


Cos right now everything I do is an effort... and it sucks.  BIG TIME.


And I will do it on my own.  I am not in Palmy with my friends to support me anymore... and I have to get over that too.


ABOVE: this picture sums it all up rather well.


TODAY:  housework.  
And sewing.
And some form of exercise... maybe I'll get on the treadmill.


And ring the Dr's for my Diabetes blood test results... not holding my breath that it's a negative result.


Steve went down to Hamilton on Saturday night to spend a couple of days with Bex.  They are due back here today.  


Stay tuned cos I think there is some rather exciting news to share too.


ABOVE:  I broke my ENTER.  Fook.   


ONWARD...


JENNY:  yes I did a triple batch of the carrot dish last night.  It took way longer than I ever imagined doing so much at once, so today I am pre-cooking the carrots and freezing them, and I will take them out when I want to cook the carrot dish some more.


ANON: I know all that.... but thanks for ramming it home.  


I'm going to morning tea at my neighbours today.  Invitation out of the blue!  She is repaying a morning tea I invited her to about 3 years ago apparently!


SORRY LYNDA.  Took that bit off... I was not in a good head space when I read your comment.  A bit too tired and grumpy.  I should have know better.  Your prerogative re: comments.


- My little old neighbour is bed bound in a rest home, but she's still here and doing well.  She visits her 'home' every now and then.


- Bec's and Lee... when I visit the Dr this week I shall get them to record my weight.  As for my measurements, well I do believe my clothes will tell me how I'm doing.  I'm NOT doing numbers ... either on the scales or the tape measure.


I've been cutting up carrots and cooking them all morning... time to go to my neighbours for a break!


HERE IS THE NEWS:


On saturday night this happened...




ABOVE:  pictures tell the story!  We are very happy for them both.  


He thought of the way to propose... so cute.


They are home now, Bex is going back to Hamilton tomorrow night.  I'm taking her as I have an appointment there at dinnertime.  More on that probably tomorrow or the next day.


End of Day:  a nice one!  Feeling really good about 'stuff' today.
Stew's meeting in Tauranga today went well... so he's happy, and I'm sure the 'big bosses' are happy with him too.  He sorted out a rather tricky situation ... he has the gift of the gab does my man.


OH SHIT, LYNDA IS THREATENING ME WITH PHYSICAL VIOLENCE !  OMG I THINK I REALLY, REALLY NEED TO STAY ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW NOW!  (she was laughing as she 'said' it though!)



Nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger