Monday 14 January 2013

A MILLION!

Sometime last night while I slept, or today my STATS COUNTER, which records how often my blog is visited, will roll over to 1 MILLION views!!! NEVER in my wildest dreams did I envision my blog being looked at that many times.

It's taken about 5 years... the first year I had my blog I didn't have a Stat Counter, but way back then I probably only had half a dozen 'followers' any way... lol.

I still wonder what the hell draws people to read my blog... our lives are rather 'normal' (if ya don't count floods, car crashes etc!).

In the past 6 years of blogging we have gained 7 more grandchildren, taking our total (so far) to 11, with no# 12 due next month.

We have moved from Palmerston North to Auckland, making this our 6th home since we met 27 years ago.

I stared this blog hoping to garner support to lose 15 kilos I'd gained.... but somehow that has not happened.

I've gained almost all my weight back ... and I am resigned to being a yo-yo dieter for the rest of my life. BUT, I will never give up on trying to find the right balance, where I am fit, healthy and happy.  I am my own worst critic, so don't beat me up verbally, cos I already FEEL LIKE I'm a miserable failure.

SHIT happens.  But we can rise above it... if we try hard enough.  I do keep trying.

We all have our foibles in life.  Mine is emotional eating.  Thank God Stew loves me ... NO MATTER WHAT, And I adore him ... NO MATTER WHAT.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has ever visited my blog,  and/or left a comment.  It means a hell of a lot to me.

NOW... just for fun... can you leave me a few words, saying what draws you to read my blog?  It could be interesting reading the reasons?

I took some photos of Stew and Dante a couple of nights ago...


ABOVE:  it's so lovely watching our little man grow... he is changing all the time.  Before we know it he is going to be smiling at us and coo'ing.  Can't wait.

ONWARDS...

999972....It's nearly there!!!!!

AND sheesh!   I have to thank ALL MY FAMILY for allowing me to share our lives with 'the whole wide world'!  They are amazing too.


ABOVE:  There ya go!  One Million hits!!!!  I had hoped to 'catch' the 1000000 on the dot, but I missed it.  Never mind... Me blog hit the MILLION.   

Off to finally get dressed to face the day. It's wet today.  We are expecting the Insurance Assessor soon... best I have me clothes on for that eh?  lol

I am a naughty, naughty little cuddly KIWI... As I left the room I flashed me bum at the kids and Bex... poor Bex!  She isn't quite used to me doing that yet, she scurried off to her bedroom ... ha ha ha!

If I ever need a 'pick me up' all I have to do is ask you girls and guys why you like me blog!  I haven't smiled so much in ages... It's good for the soul.

The Insurance Assessor arrived, took photos, measured floors, did wetness tests here and there... and said :
- total new floor
- possibly total new stairs
- new skirtings
- new back wall in the garage

So, pretty major work involved.
We can expect two building companies to come out in the next few days to assess the work and submit their quotes.
Then the Insurance Company will choose one of them, then the work will begin. (hopefully)

It could take a few months.  OH YAaaaa.  

THE BEST thing ... she is getting all the blowers and dehumidifiers removed this afternoon.  Apparently, if 'it' ain't dry by now, it's not going to dry!  LOVELY.
Our ears are over the constant NOISE.
Mine actually HURT!  

~ANNE~... I copied and pasted your comment onto today's post... cos it was an answer to me question today.  LA LA la la... you crazy cracker lady!

Teddy and Coco have BOTH been worrying their ears lately, and I kept saying I should take them to the Vet.  So, now that the drama has settled down (for now) I took them just now.

Teddy has an infection in his left ear, and Coco has the same in her right ear.  Weird dogs.
We have ear drops for them, and in a week their ears should be all better.



ABOVE:  safe and sound at home again.  Poor things are so hot... I am tempted to wet them with the hose outside, but then they would have to stay outside, and they wouldn't like that, nope, not at all.

IT. IS. VERY. QUIET. IN. MY. HOUSE. ! ! !
All the blowers and dehumidifiers are GONE GONE GONE.  Thank God.
I can hear myself think.  BLISS.

Think.... I might just sit down and watch some mindless TV... before starting on dinner.
DINNER.... I'm making Butter chicken for the majority, and Sweet 'n' sour chicken for me.
I don't like homemade Butter Chicken.

LYNDA: I am sorry our initial friendship has been BUMPY.  We are two very different personalities and sometimes it is better to just agree to disagree on certain things in life, which is what we have done.  As for our on going friendship now... there is no reason why we cannot be friends with differences!  All 'friends' can have differences of opinion.  We are both very passionate about some aspects of our lives, and there is nothing wrong with that!
How about a coffee/diet coke one day soon at the mall?

MRS F WITH 4:  Really!  How many animals do you have?  I could TRY to have as many as you... do puppies count?  Even if they have left home???  lol

JO:  your blog was the very first one I ever read, and it was your blog that inspired me to do my own!  I am so happy that after all this time we still read each other's blogs, so much water under the bridge!

WOW!  Clearly I am doing something right on me blog... it's been really lovely today reading all your comments, and it is a good feeling to know that the daily 'doings' of my family are not  too mundane!  It would appear I can put almost anything on here and someone will get a smile out of it, or feel their life isn't the only one that goes to shit sometimes! 
That's life eh?  Some good times, some bloody crap times... and lots of stuff 'in the middle' too. 

End of Day:  gotta go, I've got me eye on a shelving unit for Griffin's room on Trademe, and I want to spend the next 40 minutes watching how it goes.  Fingers crossed I get it!
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger