Saturday 3 March 2012

SUNDAY DRIVE TODAY

Well... as there is bugger all to do around here that I actually WANT to do, I've suggested to Stew that we go for a Sunday drive.


When I take Griffin out to his Speld Lesson every week, we pass an area called Karaka, an outer suburb of Auckland.  It's a new area, all new homes.  And Stew and I really like looking at homes... so we are going to have a look see around Karaka today.


Apart from that, there are no other plans for the day.


I'm really struggling with the diet this week.... feeling a bit down, and that spells trouble for the diet.  I have not been taking much care of portions/food choices at all.  I don't know why I even bother anymore, I seem to have no consistent MOTIVATION.  You'd think looking in the mirror would be enough eh?
But ... it's not.


I think I am just waiting for that 'right at the bottom' feeling before I really care....


I'm just so bloody sick of this constant "I can do it"... then fail, fail, fail.  I've been saying the same shit for years now.  What the hell is wrong with me?
I know that if I lost the weight AGAIN I would feel fantastic.  Yet... I dither, procrastinate, and fail again and again.
I want to scream at myself.


And on that note,


ONWARD...


RIGHT... I'm over me Pity Party of 1.... time to just pull finger and get bloody serious.
I can do it.  I damn well know I can!


I just have to STOP giving in to temptations, AND I have to STOP pandering to MYSELF when I feel crabby.


We have had a really nice few hours ... we had a look at houses at Karaka Harbourside... VERY NICE homes, all individual, all different.  


Then we went across the main road to Karaka Lakes.   Nice homes, BUT all very similar, and it just reminded us of an area in Alfriston... all mass produced, all on tiny sections, and looking like it could turn into a 'Coronation Street' type area.  Lovely landscaping of the suburb, but not somewhere we would live.


After that we decided to go to our favourite place for lunch, Masala Indian Restaurant in Mission Bay.
The weather today is STUNNING!  Anyone would think it was still summer!  But it's not.  It's now officially Autumn/Fall.







ABOVE: driving along the waterfront... stunning.  Griffin loved it too... hanging out the freakin window!
There were hardly any swimmers in the water.... I am thinking it's getting cooler now?


Home now, but going out again shortly as we want to look at a home in the next suburb over.... still toying with the 'will we, won't we?' idea of moving so we can upsize the house, but downsize the mortgage. 


Well, that was a waste of time!  The house was advertised as having 5 bedroom and a study and large living spaces.  Crock of shit!  It had three bedrooms and a study as part of the master suite upstairs, and a bedroom downstairs.   Large living space?  Nope, a kitchen/dining/lounge all in one, but very small.   *sigh*
False advertising and trick photography!


ABOVE:  frog vs. praying mantis.  So far, praying mantis has won... froggy got hold of the p.mantis, and there was one hell of a battle, but the p.mantis got away!  The kids thought it was awesome watching them battle! 


I'm going to enjoy dinner tonight, Stew is cooking!
Well... sorta.  I did a big pork roast last night, and tonight's dinner is left over pork and veges. Still, it will be nice to not have to cook it myself.


End of Day:  Steve just arrived back from spending the weekend with Bex, in time for dinner.  *smiles*
It's been a really nice day, after waking up feeling shitty.
ON TRACK:  no, but trying to limit the damage.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger