Wednesday 28 March 2012

OOO LOVE PARCELS!

Who doesn't?
Virtually all our mail now days is bills.  And on the very rare occasion, we get a parcel!


I got one yesterday:


ABOVE:  from my Mother.  A cute lightweight cardigan thingee, some felt for crafts, 2 bundles of fat quarters, two recipes for low cal (diabetic friendly) fruit cakes and some mould making things for the kids to use in the coming holidays.  She is apparently sending me a couple more parcels in the next few days too.  
Cool!


TODAY:  well.... I have a small list of jobs to do around the house, then it's off to school to pick up Griffin and take him to his Speld lesson.
Funnily, it's the only time I get to read a book nowdays!  If you consider the Kindle a 'book'!


After Speld, it will be home to do some more housework, prepare dinner etc ....


ONWARD...


LUNCHES:  SICK OF SALAD OR STIRFRY.  Ideas people, cos I am thinking PIES.  


Have not lost a pound in over a month.  Not been trying to be honest.  Just OVER being on a bloody diet.  Like, who the hell cares anyway?  Even with the Diabetes Type 2 diagnosis, I just can't seem to care.
When there is lots of stress/tension in me life... instead of putting me off food, it does the opposite. PIES... thinking PIES.... 


I drove/and or walked past no less than 5 Hot Bread shops this morning... the smell of pies was right in me face... and I didn't buy one (or two).  I feel good about that, today at least. 
As I needed cash to pay the Speld teacher, I went down to Manurewa to the bank.  After standing in a queue for about 10 minutes, my turn finally came.  And I'd left me bloody ATM card at home hadn't I?
So.. I trudge back to the car park, drive home, get the freakin ATM card... and go back to Manurewa, past all those Hot Bread Shops AGAIN... and I gets me money.  Grrrrrrr.


And I've hung out two loads of washing, made beds, tidied bathrooms, tidied the front door area, and now... I'm taking a wee break until I need to go get Griffin.


Keep lunch ideas coming... but without the processed carbs OK?  I ain't 'doing' processed carbs ... well not much anyway.  Hell, I've even been leaving me one miserable potato on the plate!  The dogs like it.


Speld... usual midday... I sat in the car and read while Griffin had his lesson. On the way home we stopped at the Pet shop and bought more flies... and in the supermarket I finally found Bran Flakes for the Mealworms to feed on.  


When we got home I changed the mealworms old bran for nice new bran...what a mission sifting out all those worms!  I ended up with a seething mass in me strainer... looked creepy.  And they are not like 'worms' either, more like caterpillars!  They cling to your fingers... freaks me out!   I don't like bugs that cling.   *shudder*


Got another parcel from me Mother too today.  But I haven't even opened it yet!  Too busy with me bugs. lol
Off to open it now.


ABOVE:  stuff for ME!  A huge packet of card, and some more fat quarters!  And I'm sure it cost more for the postage than the items she sent, cos it is heavy!  I feel spoilt today.  Which is nice.  


I am not sure why my Mother has sent me parcels!  It's the first time I have had a gift from her in a few years now!  We have been getting on like we used to years ago lately, so maybe that's it.... she feels 'kindly' towards me at the moment?  dunno... but I ain't knocking it, that's for sure.  It's nice to feel like she cares.


End of Day:  a nice day.... and now Bex is here again ... so that's nice too.
ON TRACK?  ducking me head... nope.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger