Thursday 29 March 2012

ROPES!!! AND A FISH.

I'm sure I have mentioned Griffin has been doing a fitness 'Bootcamp' at school over this school term ... so, his P.E. teacher has arranged a 'reward' for all the kids who have done the Bootcamp, and we are going this morning.


It's a trip to the new 'Rocket Ropes' course out by the Airport.  
The kids do not know where they are going, just that it's a surprise!
I bet they are all rapt with it.



ABOVE: these are a couple of the courses they might be doing.  I don't know which one(s) the kids will be doing, but it looks like fun!  So long as ya don't mind heights, swaying bridges and the like.
Suffice to say... I WON'T be joining in!  I hope they have a coffee shop so I can sit and just watch!  *smiles*  OH yes... I am going!  So is Bex.  


Bex arrived last night, and is staying for the weekend again.  She was very impressed with all the re-arranging I had done too.
Steve even has a 'walk in wardrobe' down in the garage!  I must take a photo later to show you!


In the meantime, here's a photo of a wee gift Bex found for me in a Hamilton Op Shop!  I think she has caught my 'bug' for bargins ....


ABOVE: how freaking cute is he???  I love him.  Now I just have to find somewhere to put him....


ONWARD...


HI HONEY.. we're home!   And we have had a really nice day!  The kids had an absolute ball at the rope course... photos:


 ABOVE:  getting harnessed up... Bex helping Griffin.


ABOVE:  one of the instructors demonstrating how to attatch your safety rope...  Griffin is his 'model'...

 ABOVE:  all the bootcamp kids.  Griffin is the twit in the middle with his arms in the air.  He was a bit hyped up.


ABOVE: one of the 4-5 goats that were inside the course enclosure.  Me thinks they are used as lawnmowers!  This one butted Griffin.


ABOVE: this was the course our kids went on.  It looked rather scary.... but believe me, the other one was even higher!


Below: Griffin on the course.  He went really well, and only ALMOST unclipped himself completely once.  I nearly shit myself when he went to undo BOTH safety clips while way up high!  Luckily he stopped when I yelled at him!  It was a long way down.





ABOVE:  I was actually quite proud of how well he did!  And he loved it so much.  I wish it wasn't quite so expensive to go... cos I could see us taking the kids often if it was more affordable.  
I will post a few little videos of Griffin on the rope course tomorrow too.


Once we had dropped the kids back to school, Bex and I went to Manukau Mall, had a wander around and lunch, then got home in time for a little relax before the kids get home from school.


End of Day: a really neat day today... enjoyed it immensely.  
ON TRACK:  well no... but heading back that way.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger