Wednesday 9 November 2011

HOW TALL? GREAT-GRANDMA has DUCK'S DISEASE

My mother was only in the house 5 minutes before she just had to see if Griffin was taller than her.... bearing in mind she is 74 and he is ALMOST 10:

ABOVE:  my mother tried very hard to 'stretch' up as far as she could with her neck... it didn't help.  Griffin wins by a mere half an inch... but he is taller than her!  Almost 10 .... yee gods in another couple of years he is going to be peering DOWN on me too!  (classification of Duck's Disease?  When your arse is too close to the ground... of course!)... lol.

I'm taking Mum and Ron down to Manukau to pick up a rental car first thing this morning, then they are off to Tokoroa to attend his granddaughter's wedding on Friday (11/11/11)... that explains why it's on Friday not Saturday!

Then they will do the 'rounds' visiting friends and family before coming back here next Thursday to catch their flight home on Friday next week. 

Once I've dropped them off this morning I am picking Griffin up and it's off to his Speld lesson.

I am quite sure those two old's live to MOAN!
It was too cold here... it was raining (how dare it rain!), they were not looking forward to the wedding tomorrow (like, why did these kids feel the need to get married nowdays?), they don't own a credit card... so could not buy food or drink on the plane.... or rent the car.  I had to use MY credit card before Avis would let them have the car.

That did not go down too well ... like, what is wrong with cash was their reply to that.

They are now unhappily on their was down to Tokoroa... and will be back next Thursday.  I hope they have a nice trip, but I doubt it.

RIGHT, I need to move it... and go pick up Griffin...

ONWARD...

The day turned into a glorious sunny day... Pukekohe was boring today.  Luckily I took my Kindle so I could read while waiting for Griffin.

Once home I was having the most awful time keeping me eyes open, so I had a nap!

The kids are home now, I'm off to do some more cards...

End of Day:  glad it's ending... so tired today?  No idea why.  And the blasted hot flushes have been hitting every half an hour today... making me so damn crabby.  Maybe that's why I'm so tired?
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger