Tuesday 22 November 2011

BACK TO THE HOSPICE

I popped into the Hospice Shop yesterday, to check how the renovation was going.  It's finished!
I can go back to do my stint today.


The only thing wasn't that happy about was there is only one counter again.  OK, it's a new counter, it's a bit longer too.  But I can see the same problem happening ... Mrs Smelly Pants will hog the counter, leaving me doing nothing.


If that happens, I'm outta there.  I don't need the hassle....  coming out of there after nearly 5 hours of being angry is not worth it.  NOT AT ALL.


So, fingers crossed it works out, as I really do like being there.  And it looks so good now!  All new paint, new shelving, new racks, new carpet... it's just lovely.


I went to Weight Watchers last night.... I refuse to give up!


ABOVE:  they did not lie.  I gained 1.3 kg.  But I will continue to fight the war against MYSELF.


CRANKY: thanks for the tough love.
FROGGY:  the breathing did not help, but thanks for suggesting it. Anything is worth a go eh.


CRANKY... funny you suggest Stew goes to WW with me, I was thinking the EXACT same thing last night!
So Stew: what do you think?  Wanna be a 'Weight Watcher'?   


At the meeting I go to, there are about 3 men who are there with their wives/girlfriends... and there is this one Dude who goes on his own, he's been going a while now... and OMG he is so bloody gorgeous!  20 years too young though... IF I was looking!  lol   (I ain't looking Stew, I promise *smiles*)


Right, Hospice here I come...-


Well... it was OK!  Sorta.   Mrs Smelly Pants tried to 'hog' the counter... but I just kinda stood REALLY CLOSE to her until she moved over a bit!


My Aunt came into the shop today too... and I managed to sell her a few items of clothing!


ABOVE: her she is modelling a really lovely lightweight jacket... which she bought for $6.



ABOVE: having a laugh with another customer.


ABOVE: the new counter... and I'm NOT saying who that is behind it...


ABOVE:  another view of the counter area.


I bought some 'treasure' but will save that for tomorrow's post.   There's enough on here already.


This afternoon I'm taking it easy, I have felt sick all day ... dinner last night was too rich.  (teriyaki Chicken and garlic bread)  


It's been very quiet around here this afternoon.  Nothing happening at all.
Kids are at school this evening for their 'Wearable Art' show.  We (adults in our house)  did not go... you get to sit on the sports field and watch for 3 hours... and our kids only feature in about 3 minutes of the entire show...  so not going.  OH and you had to PAY to sit there!  Naaaaaa.


End of Day:  kids seemed to enjoy their school event.  That's nice.  Still glad we didn't go though, it's blowing a gale out there!  
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger