Monday 30 April 2012

I FINALLY DID IT

Stew and I need a break.


Away.


On our own.


So, I finally did it... I booked us a weekend away ... in an area we both love so much.
Matakana/Omaha Beach.


We are going to stay in the country, at the cutest little cottage on a farm....

ABOVE: how cute does this little cottage look?  I am going to love staying here, I just know it... COS... it's got COWS over the fence!  I really like cows.  And the smell of a farm... takes me back to when I was a little kid visiting my Grandmother on her farm.  Lots of lovely memories.

ABOVE: the interior.  Looks comfy.  There is a seperate bedroom too.  And this place is DEAD CHEAP!  Like, I could have booked us a place at Omaha Beach, but it would have cost DOUBLE ...  and I don't need to be right beside the beach to have a nice break away.  


I just want to be able to lie in bed for as long as I want!  And have some silence... and just be with Stew on my own. 
 And eat grapes in bed.  
And maybe a chocolate too.


I'm going to make up a basket of goodies for us... lovely fruit, crackers, cheeses.... maybe wine... BLISS.  Any other ideas for me basket of goodies????


I can't wait.
We are going on Friday 11th May, coming back on the Sunday.   BLISS.   That Sunday is MOTHER'S DAY here in New Zealand, quite possibly this will be the first Mother's Day I get to sleep in!
Yeah!!!.


TODAY:  going to pop out and do a bit of banking.. pay a bill or two... maybe buy some fabric!  I don't think I've bought very much this year at all... and I feel the NEED to buy some.
And pay for our little weekend away too.


ONWARD...


ABOVE:  and the day has started off SO WELL.


So. The girls and I went shopping.
It was actually FUN!
lol
Like when is shopping NOT fun?  Derrrr.


ABOVE:  I bought two identical teddy's for Miss Muppet.... so she can have one and one can be in the wash... I did the same thing for Brylee and Griffin.  

ABOVE:  went to Spotlight:  got lots of orange fabrics cos I want to make a couple more Giraffe wall hangings.   
I can feel me creative juices flowing again... I want to SEW!   
Bex and I also got some Smiggle stuff... cos we wanted to!  No other reason.  hee hee.


The girls and I also had a lovely lunch at Sylvia Park mall, then we stopped in to say 'Hi' to my Aunt Ethel, who lives just around the corner from me.  We haven't seen her in a while.  Too busy.


I'll say!


Feeling quite happy today.   Maybe cos I can see a nice relaxing weekend ahead for me and Stew... some time out!  Countdown .... 10 days!
I am almost twitching with glee... weird... I know!   Jeezzz I'm a sad tart.

TRACY:  here is the link to Matakana Meadows.


End of Day:  a really nice day!  Any day spent buying fabric has to be!
ON TRACK:  yes... I'm being a good girl.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger