Thursday 12 April 2012

BUGS, MAD HAIR AND LE COCO

I bought a punnet of supposedly 500 mealworms a month or so ago... and now we have an adult mealworm beetle.  Just waiting for a couple more to evolve and we will be 'breeding' them too.


ABOVE:  this is the adult beetle! When I first saw it I had no idea where it came from... but after reading up on mealworms... now I know. 
It is almost as interesting watching the mealworms grow and change as it is to feed them to the frogs!
I know, gross.  


The kids have been enjoying the spa, I got this photo of our Joshua last night after his spa!


ABOVE:  mad hair!  It's so tempting to give him a haircut.... but he's not my kid so I better not.  It's an awesome photo eh?  *smiles*


We bought the dogs a ball each yesterday, Coco LOVES her's... Teddy?  Not interested at all.
I got this cute little video of Coco playing with her ball  last night:


ABOVE:  see how clever she is, she 'throws' the ball with her mouth!  Teddy is not impressed.


TODAY:  well, Bex goes home at some point... and it's the last day of having Joshua as he leaves tomorrow.  So, we will have some fun.


I've got three fridge magnet kits from my Mum for the kids to make.... so that's what we are doing.


ONWARD...


The kids made the fridge magnets, and as we had masses of plaster left over, we decided to go down to Spotlight to get some more moulds, paint etc.

ABOVE:  It took some concentration to fill the little moulds just right...

ABOVE:  Spotlight were selling these really lovely bathmats for half price, so I got us two and Bex got herself one too.  And then at Briscoes Bex bought 'the house' a dish drying rack.  
We generate so many dishes during the day that we fill the dishwasher twice over, so I have decided to do the daytime dishes by hand.  I refuse to run the dishwasher twice every day.


I spoke with Lacy today... things are unravelling for her and her partner.  Something happened last night that is very worrying, and she may yet have to move home for a while.


I will be updating Pepsi shortly.
***PEPSI UPDATED***PEPSI UPDATED***PEPSI UPDATED***


I'm pretty sure Lacy is coming home tomorrow.  
We cannot stand back and allow her to live in a caravan. In three months she would be there with a new baby... on her own, in winter.  We hope Housing New Zealand can get her into her own flat asap.... but we will not be holding our breath.


End of Day:  eventful.  What else can I say.
ON TRACK:  Stew bought me jellybeans.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger