Sunday 1 July 2012

MIDWIFE AND NEW BABY QUILTS

Yesterday I unpicked a very large quilt top as it just didn't look 'right' to me... and I am going to make the blocks into baby quilts.


This is going to be the first one:


ABOVE:  to begin with I thought this one would be OK for a baby boy, but everyone in this house thinks it's TOO PRETTY and has too much pink in it to be for a boy.  
What do YOU think?


I have enough of those heart blocks to make THREE more similar to this.  *sigh*... I don't want to have 4 Baby Girl Quilts and none for Baby Boys!


TODAY: I have to take Lacy to her Midwife appointment this morning.  Hopefully it's the last one!  Knowing how it goes, it might not be though. lol


Right... I better get moving and make the lunches, the beds, yadda yadda...


ONWARD...


Midwife says Lacy is doing great and said she fully expects Miss Muppet to arrive any day now.  Awesome.


 ABOVE: Lacy at 39.2 weeks pregnant.... shit she doesn't even LOOK pregnant from the back!


ABOVE:  Hee hee... from the front though, she sure does!
Such a cute, compact tummy...

ABOVE:  I'm sure I looked THAT pregnant at about 6 months!


After the midwife appointment we went down to Manukau Dunkin Donuts, as Bex had won 2nd Prize in a competition she had entered there a couple of weeks ago.

ABOVE:  she won 2 DVD's of MIB, A MIB notebook, movie tickets, a bag and a torch.  SCORE!  
Pffffft... I never win anything!  Well....not much... lol.


NOW... I'm going to sew a bit, then make lunch... think we shall have toasted sandwiches today... cos it's a bit cold even inside today.  Better turn the heater on me thinks...


Lacy and Bex decided to go for a little walk... briskly.  To try and get Miss Muppet to hurry up.
Anyway, picture this:


Two girls walking down the road... remember from the back Lacy does NOT look pregnant.


Lacy keeps saying stuff like "Shit there's a baby bouncing on me cervix"  ... and ... "I feel like there's a head between me legs", both of them laughing their heads off ... and then they turn around and WHOOPS!  There's a guy with two dogs walking right behind them!!!


They are sure they heard him snigger.... lol.


Dinner tonight was beef spare ribs.. OMG everyone just loves them.  I cook them in the frying pan with Sticky Rib Marinade... to die for.


I've pinned up that baby quilt and will start quilting it tonight.


End of Day:  a nice day... spent getting some sewing done too... which I love.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger