Sunday 23 October 2011

XMAS WRAPPING AND A UFO

I have to start today with this:





OUR ALL BLACKS WON THE RUGBY WORLD CUP.  I do believe there are about 4 millions KIWIS on cloud nine today.... and the odd few who didn't give a shit!  (Jaxx!)  lol

Now back to usual transmissions:

I'm so chuffed with myself!
I have made a good start on the Christmas present wrapping:



ABOVE:  so far two piles.  One for posting and one for under our tree.  I am hoping to have all my Christmas shopping/wrapping done by the 1st of December this year. 
Then I can relax and just enjoy the season.



ABOVE:  I opened a 'UFO' box last night, and as soon as I get a chance I am going to work on this project.   It was going to be a quilt for one of my girls, but not now.
I shall go back to what I originally made these blocks for:  placemats for our table.   I am really looking forward to getting them finished.   I don't have a lot to do... just cut the batting and the backing fabric, quilt them and then bind them.

They will look lovely on our table.  I have already made a few things in this fabric for our home, so they will tie in nicely.

TODAY:  Me thinks Amanda wants to take me shopping?  
It's Labour Day here, so a Public Holiday.   Steve (son) is working, so he is happy as he gets more pay for the day.

Shopping done.  Amanda bought me some make up for my birthday... a foundation even.  I've never had a foundation before.
Shortly we are going out to Maraetai for a nice lunch by the water. 
It's such a lovely day... sunshine but not too hot.

ONWARD...









ABOVE:  a sprinkling of the over 140 photos I took of Emily at the beach... there were so many really lovely ones!
The beach:  lots of people there already, it was a perfect sunny day.  Some people were swimming too... a wee bit cold for us yet.   Another 6 weeks should do it.

End of Day:  the end of a lovely long weekend, it's been so nice having Stew home too.
Amanda and Emily are safely back in Hamilton... might see Emily again next weekend apparently.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger