Thursday 24 May 2012

TIP TOP CORNER

If you live in New Zealand like me, you would know about the 'Tip Top Corner' here in Auckland.  OK.. maybe them in the South Island wouldn't!


But I digress.... I have driven past this corner a million times... and the Tip Top Ice Cream factory is clearly visible from the motorway,  hell it's right next to it.


And it has looked like this for many, many years:


ABOVE:  I think it's had a couple of repaints over the years, and a few subtle changes, but nothing major.  
Well... now it looks like this:


ABOVE:  NOT the best photo, we were travelling a bit fast... but as you can see, it's completely covered!  And has been for weeks now.
I am dying to know what they are doing under there... there's scaffolding behind that wrapping.


It intrigues me.  And when it is unwrapped, I will show what they have done!


I could have waited to do this post ONCE the wrapping came off..... but I had nothing to yabber on about this morning!  So you got that.
Be thankful... I could have posted nothing!


Wouldn't that have been novel?  No post from me?  Nah, can't imagine it.  I'd have to be in hospital for that to happen... and even then, some bugger would post for me!  lol


I'm gunna sew today I think... and fold the bloody washing... I've been looking at it all week.... *sigh*...


ONWARD...


WOW!  Big news.  Housing New Zealand have offered Lacy a 2 bedroom house in Manurewa!  It's only about 5-10 minutes from here... which is excellent.  Griffin is going to get his room back soon!!!
Lacy and I are going to go do a drive by, just as soon as I have me shower and put some clothes on!



ABOVE:  Lacy's new abode.  It's a cute little 2 bedroom house.  Fully fenced back yard. No curtains so we will have to scrounge around for some... might even be able to get some from the Hospice Shop.


ABOVE:  she is an easy walk from all amenities she's ever going to need!  Doctor, Chemist, The Warehouse, New World supermarket, bakeries, WINZ office, Mc Donalds even!   How lucky can she get?
She is so happy... so am I!  


I decided we should go down to the Hospice shop and see if they had any curtains as Lacy's house has none.  But sadly they didn't ... but my name is on any that come in!
While there, Lacy saw and bought a couple of things:


ABOVE:  she got a tv cabinet for $5 and a lovely antique-ish coffee table for $9... So she's rather happy with herself.


WHEN does she move?  We won't know until she see's her case manager on Monday...  the house is empty right now so it shouldn't be too long?


End of Day:  well it's been a good day in lots of ways.  And I got NO sewing done at all!  Best laid plans and all that eh?
On Track: nope.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger