Wednesday 4 January 2012

SMOOTHIE RECIPES... PLEASE!


So... I can't eat salads and mushrooms for lunch forever... so Smoothies sound good.


BUT.... I want low carb/calorie ones.  WHO out there has some good recipes of such smoothies???  OH, make 'em fruit ones, K?


I HATE bananas in a smoothie too.... so none with banana OK?  OR, give me an alternative to bananas.  


Today:  off to the Dr's first thing for a form to be filled out for Griffin's Disabled Child Benefit... then who knows?
It will depend on the weather... and inclination.


ONWARD...


Dr's appointment was at 9am, finally saw the Dr at 9.20, which wasn't too bad!
Then we went to WINZ to hand in the form, stood in a line for 30 minutes JUST to hand in the form.  *sigh*   I would have posted it if we were not pushing the deadline, my bad.  
At least we don't have to do that for another 2 years.


Home again, and wondering what I shall do with the day?  It's fairly overcast and nice and coolish outside, so at least if I decide to do some housework I won't melt.


I decided to read a few blogs... and I read on my friend Jenny's blog (private blogger in Foxton) how she was enjoying banana fritters, made by whisking 2 eggs and a banana together, and thought:  "I will give that a go right now" ... as I feeling a bit peckish:


ABOVE:  would you believe it only took like, 2 minutes from start to finish!  And we got 5 really good sized fritters out of the mix.  Griffin inhaled ate three, Brylee one and me one.  AND I had some orange too... which was really nice.
What a great 'snack'.... and so low in points.


JANINE:  ooo that would be lovely!  Can you email me on :  stewandchris@hotmail.com so I can give you my address? 


ANON/SHARINGANHARVEY: thanks for the info Mike.  Mike is me son, and he's a fitness fanatic. Clearly.



ABOVE:  lots of noise overhead at midday today. Police helicopter looking for someone!  They hovered right over our house for ages.... can't have been me they were looking for!
I'm a good girl!  lol


ABOVE:  my first fruit smoothie!  Isn't it pretty?  AND I made enough to have two, one now for lunch and one for afternoon tea.  I haven't worked out the points yet...


The above smoothie had in it:


1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
50 grms LITE Vanilla Ice Cream
60 grms Vanilla 99.9 % Fat Free Yoghurt
60 grms Frozen Mixed Berries
1 Tablespoon Apple Sauce
1 teaspoon Equal Sweetener


It was really yum, and was worth 7 Pro Points.  I made double the above mixture, and had enough for two smoothies.


I am making Butter Chicken for dinner tonight.  I use a tinned, already made sauce. The points: 18!  High, but as I actually HAVE that many points in the kittty, I shall have some.   First 'white' carbs THIS year!


End of Day:  feeling great!  The Butter Chicken was so nice, and filling.
ON TRACK, and still finding it easy.  Motivation still great.  Can envision the end result.  Me, happy with myself again and healthy.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger