Friday 6 January 2012

IT WONT LAST LONG, THIS I KNOW FOR CERTAIN

Yesterday I suggested to Brylee that she might like to try ironing her own dresses?
She said "Oh yeah, I would LOVE that!"...


ABOVE:  it took her 45 minutes to iron this ONE dress!  Somehow, I don't think she will be saying "OH YEAH" quite so quickly next time.


It's the weekend... goody.
Stew is home.  It's his birthday tomorrow.... so I  won't be asking him to do any jobs around the house.  I'll give him the weekend off.  Nice of me, I know.  *taking a bow*


Kelly and Rena are due here sometime today for the weekend.  So I better go and 'Rena-proof' a few places.  She is not 'house trained' yet.  Well... she isn't 'Grandma's house-trained' I should say.
Whenever she comes here I feel like I need to lock all the doors so she can't get into anything... so I did something about it last night. 


 ABOVE: this is what I asked Stew to do last night...


 ABOVE: Working on it....


 ABOVE:  almost done...


ABOVE: 1/2 a stable door!   Now we just have to put an extra hinge on the top half and re-hang it.  My first Stable Door!  
And now I can lock the bottom half  (on the corridor side) so Rena cannot get into the bedrooms or bathrooms and wreck havoc.
Seems a bit extreme, but it works for ME.
We have tried 'baby' doorguards, but she can open them now.  *sigh*


The memory of Bright Red Lipstick on me carpet has not faded, as it's still on me carpet, clear as day.  (above photo taken when it was first done)


ONWARD...


So, it's raining... AGAIN.  Kinda over this wet summer we are having.
AND over standing on the scales to see a miserable loss of 400 grams.   Pfffft.  But I know it's a loss, so I should be happy I KNOW.  *sigh*
Going to go back over what I've had this week to see if I could have done better anywhere.


Kelly and Rena are here.  Toy box out.  'Stable Door' latched.  lol


I was going through my photos recently and found this photo for the Teddy I gave to Rena when she was born:


 ABOVE:  Rena's teddy when she was a newborn.


ABOVE: Rena's teddy NOW.  Much loved.  Looking it too.  I love seeing teddy's that have been loved.


ABOVE:  I cleaned her Teddy.  She's pink again.


ABOVE:  today is 'Day off Diet'... so I cooked cheese scones.  I had one and a half and was stuffed!  That is great.  Usually I could polish off double that.


Oh and Rena's Teddy is soaking in a bucket of napisan.  Hopefully it comes up looking a bit pinker?  She came out pink again.  (Photo above)


Who the hell do I blame for introducing me to Pinterest?   Several bloggers have told me about it, and this afternoon I finally had a look.  I've been 'looking' for hours now!  THANKS. lol
Awesome site.


End of Day:  wet all day.  Trapped inside with kids.... noisy kids... all day.  Ready to gag a couple.
ON TRACK:  not today.  Day off.  But been restrained.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger