Monday 17 September 2012

SO EXCITING... MOVEMENTS!

Do you realise that in about just a few days our family will expand by 4? 5? 6? or MORE?  Yikes!

I have managed to get a really cute video of Coco's tummy, with puppy movements fairly clear:


Cute eh?

REMINDER:  The COMPETITION...

1.  Guess the NUMBER of Puppies.
If you get the number right, you move onto the next step.

2. How many boys and girls?
If you get this number right, you move onto the next step.

3. What time of day/night will the first puppy be born?  

The person who gets the most guess's correct will win the 'MYSTERY' prize.

In the event that two or more people guess everything right... I will put the names in a hat and draw out ONE winner.

*** The competition will be open from Monday 6.30am to Wednesday 11pm (NZ time) *** and ANYONE can enter.

Now.. here's a few photos that Stew took of post earthquake Christchurch, I will include a map of New Zealand so you who don't live here know where I'm talking about...



 ABOVE:  this church has been gutted and is being rebuilt.


ABOVE:  I suppose to people who live in Christchurch these sights are now 'normal'... but for visitors to their city ... it just looks so sad.  So much of the 'history' of Christchurch is gone.

ABOVE:  another church... Stew didn't know what was happening with this one.

ABOVE:  so much of the central city has been reduced to twisted metal and crumbling concrete.

ABOVE:  it's going to take many, many YEARS to make Christchurch a thriving city again.

TODAY?


Well it's going to be BUSY!


A work colleague of Stew's died on Friday, so he's off to the airport bright and early to catch a plane to Hastings... he should be home in time for dinner. 


At 2pm I'm taking COCO to the vet's for an x-ray to see how many pups she has onboard. I hadn't planned on getting an x-ray done, but then I got nervous and decided it would be better to know during labour... so we know she has birthed them all!

I will not be telling anyone how many there are either!  (well... except Steve who's me assistant midwife)


After that I will be going to Hamilton to be at Amanda and Andrew's 20 week baby scan.
Fingers crossed baby obliges and shows us if it's a girl or boy!

Brylee is singing in her School's Choir tonight at the Telstra Clear Events Centre... it is a World Vision Concert performed by contributing School Choirs and Suzanne Prentice (OBE).  Steve is getting home early from work so he can look after Coco in the event she goes into labour, and take Brylee to the Concert.


There ya go... a busy day planned!  I'm picking Lacy and Keera up this afternoon too... so that Lacy is in the house when Brylee and Griffin get home from school.


ONWARD...


Lacy is in the house.  So is Miss Muppet.  I've just given Lacy a crash course in Whelping Puppies.  JUST in case Coco decides to spit out her puppies while I'm not home and Steve ain't home either.  Steve is due home around 4 today.... so we will just have to hope nothing happens TODAY...cos I want to be here when our puppies are born.

Soooo... Coco and I get to the Vet's, we get called into the exam room for the Vet to do her thing... and she has a scan machine ready to go?  Ummm, I say, Coco is booked in for an X-RAY to count how many pups she has onboard.  
The Vet looks at me and says Ooops! ...  They got it wrong at reception yesterday and booked us in for a scan.  ANY fool knows you cannot scan a dog this far advanced in her pregnancy and accurately count how many puppies there are!

So... we are going back tomorrow when they have the X-Ray machine in the clinic.  IF Coco doesn't spit dem babies out tonight.  *sigh*

Now.... I'm going to have a quiet minute before I head off to Hamilton for AMANDA'S SCAN... not an X-Ray!

End of Day:  I got to and from Hamilton just fine, and Coco did NOT have her pups in my absence... Yaaa!
Amanda's scan went well... baby is doing well.
20 weeks to go.
nite nite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Diet Coke Rocks Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger